Sometimes buying stuff on Mercari doesn't workout. This short guide will show you what to so when something goes wrong any you need to return an item you bought on Mercar.
How Long Do I Have To Return An Item?
Return requests must be made within 3 DAYS OF CONFIRMED DELIVERY and BEFORE YOU RATE THE SELLER.
All sales are final 3 days after delivery or after you rate the seller. This is very important once you rate the seller you will not be able to open a return. I made this mistake on one of the first items I bought.
What Are The Reasons I Can Return An Item?
- Item is not as described - an example of this would be you receive an item that was listed a new but is obviously used or an item that is broken.
- There is undisclosed damage to the item, such as a hole in a piece of clothing or a piece of the item is broken or doesn't work.
- The seller has not shipped the item.
- Incorrect/missing item. - The wrong item was shipped, or the item is missing parts.
Under Mercari's Buyer Protection Guarantee the item can also be returned if it is Potentially Counterfeit, Prohibited, Damaged, or Defective.
Reasons I Can't Return An Item?
- Item does not fit. - Message the seller and request measurements if they are not included in the listing will help prevent this issue.
- Changed mind. You can not return an item just because you change your mind.
- Return request made more than 3 days after received.
- Return request made after item rated.
How To Open A Return On The Mercari App?
Open the Mercari app and click your username in the top left hand corner. This will open the settings menu. Scroll down and click 'Help Center".
Scroll down to the bottom and click "Contact Us".
Click "Returns" And The Popup below will come up.
Click "Buying" and click the item you want to return.
What Do You Need To Include In The Return Form?
Give a brief description of the reason you want to return the item. Make sure it is one of the reasons listed above in the Reasons I Can Return section.
You will need to provide at least 4 photos of the item you are returning, you can provide more, which I recommend.
Make sure the photos:
- Are focused and Clear
- Include all sides of the item.
- Include all of the items you received in the package, (not just what you want to return).
- Show the packaging you received the item in and the shipping label on the package.
- For phones include the IMEI/Serial Number (if applicable).
How Long Will It Take To Get My Money Back?
You’ll be refunded in the original form of payment. The refund typically takes 5 business days. Your bank can also play a factor in the time it takes to get your money back.
Share this Post